Yesterday with my $5 Power Hour ticket, I went to Housing Works Buy the Bag Warehouse sale.
* Two 80s style sweaters. One had faux fur and beads and the other just had beads. Embellishments easily removed.
* One Leather Longchamp Handbag
* One giant Timbuk2 Messenger Bag
* One vintage bed sheet to be up cycled into a summer dress
* One Striped Cashmere Cardigan
* One Turquoise ECHO silk scarf
* One 80s style silk blouse
* One crazy faux fur hat
* One Blue and Gold Infinity Scarf
All this for one power hour ticket + $25 buy the bag fee + $10 car service there because it was too damn cold to bike there. I think I did pretty good ... Everything is in pristine condition especially the Longchamp handbag.
Bowl of fruit was not purchased at the event.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Sunday, January 01, 2012
The goal for 2011 was to save up enough money (by not purchasing any bags) to get a Goyard Bag.
Sometime in June, I found a Goyard Bag at a local thrift store. I fondled it and thought it was either the real deal or a very good fake. I decided to break the bag fast. I made it through about 6 months before I broke and bought this $16 Goyard Bag.
As we enter 2012, I am still not sure if it is a real Goyard. A few people have declared that it is most likely is. More importantly, o was real enough for me to satisfy my goal of a Goyard Bag. And thankfully, the purchase didn't end the root of my resolve - No Bags in 2011.